3/24/08

An Aching Soul

I am really kind of heartsick tonight. I just saw the videos of the Olympic torch lighting ceremony protests. China's spitting in the eye of the world, and the world's just wiping it off with an indifferent shrug.

I was also appalled at an article I found a few moments later. What's worse, I am ashamed that it was written by Mary Frances Forrester, the wife of an American Senator from my home state of North Carolina. I wish I had read the article, "The Real Homosexual Agenda" when it was first published on February 29, 2008. I would have urged every Homosexual/Bisexual/Transgender person that read my words to use the "contact us" link on their ignorant, misguided, souls of sheep website, to inundate them with protest mail. I actually couldn't help myself; I used the link and spoke my mind. I had to.

I wish I could do something to help my GLBT Family.
I wish I could do something to help Tibet.
I wish I could do something to help Darfur.
I wish I could do something to help the poor children being born into this fucked up world.
I wish I could do something to help...
I wish I could do something...
I wish I could...
I wish...

Enjoy life???