6/6/14

Transcendental Euphoria

Floating on a enveloping opiate cloud down the sidewalk from getting a twelve-pack of a beer made locally, I was questioning myself about what it was that kept me ensnared in addiction. The beer is appropriately named Bed of Nails....What was this feeling that I can't have it any other way? A feeling that regardless of what physical pain I'm feeling, what emotional turmoil I'm experiencing, and what horrible surroundings I'm in, (...keep in mind that once I'm in my apartment, I'm in sanctuary....) everything is okay because it's wrapped snuggly in humming love.

Pearls and swine bereft of me
Long and weary my road has been
I was lost in the cities
Alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity for leaving I feel

I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky

Friends and liars don't wait for me
I'll get on all by myself
I put millions of miles
Under my heels 

And still too close to you
I feel
I am not your blowing wind
I am the lightening
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night

The night

That's Audioslave's song, "I Am The Highway," by the way. I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe one day I will....until then I continue to try and keep my head above water....searching for the shore...

Enjoy Life My Friends.....