11/10/07

Days Looking Foward

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Oliver Wendell Holmes

Strength. Courage. Pride. Hope. Compassion. These are the things I strive for. Honesty. Integrity. Clarity of vision and thought. I'm certain in the past year I have attained a far greater measure of these qualities than ever before in my life. I suppose it was finally my time. It took a while coming that's for sure. I haven't achieved my full portion, but I'm gettin' closer everyday. It feels really good to finally be able to "feel" some results from all the hard work I've been doing. Continual self-examination and exploration. My true motivations. Focusing on the better parts of myself and weeding out the bad, bit by bit, almost like a sculptor.

I have to really hold on to what I've attained and not let it slip from my grasp. As I go through the coming year, I'll be faced with some serious effort that will require all I've learned. These newly aquired skills and elements are all tender shoots just starting to grow. Far from a mature harvesting age, yet my most important source of strength. Luckily I'm blessed with two of the most wonderful friends anyone could ever hope for. Deep, rich, loyal friendships that I can count on, not only for support but for compassion and understanding. They know what I value and strive for and continually help me hold on to and build to what I've achieved so far. Most importantly I think are their gifts of laughter that add bouyancy and light to counter my darker tendencies. They enjoy life, and they help me enjoy mine. Enjoy yours too...