8/19/07

You Put Your Right Foot In...You Put Your Right Foot Out...

The first thing I want to get off my chest, breath a huge sigh of relief, and move on, is the anger I feel over all the political focus on gay marriage. The forceful attempt to push this one agenda down the nation's throat, has flushed all the years of attempts on the gay rights movement's part to gently nurse and guide our ignorant general public toward any semblance of tolerance, acceptance, and respect right down the toilet. Grammar and punctuation be damned. What the hell happened to trying to make sure we weren't beat to death on the way to the freakin' store? What happened to making sure John wasn't fired from his job because he bats his eyelashes too much and swishes when he walks? Hell, what about those of us that can't find anybody to freakin marry and don't give a shit about it any damned way? God...Okay....

And another damned thing...I'm making a vow, as of this moment (and after I've read the last 3 secrets for inner peace), to end my addiction to self-help books and lists that begin with, "The top # reasons, ways, whatever...". I've paused here at the keyboard in reflection. I was going to rant on about the hogshit the author of this book is trying to sell as the 6th secret. I can't go on though, it's just not worth it. I must have lost a lot of my steam after I got the marriage crap off my mind. God...Okay...

On the subject of books, I usually read several at one time, especially when one is a dreaded self-help book. I have a short attention span, and I easily get bored. In addition to the hogshit secrets, I've been reading a book that has held my attention more than most. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It's, Full Circle, by Michael Thomas Ford. Easily his best book, at one point in the story I was so shocked I wanted to throw the book against the wall, at another I simply had to drop it in my lap in disbelief, and of course there were the obligatory tears at the end. The story does truly come full circle (and to a good ending despite the tears...). God...Okay...Take a deep breath and enjoy life...