9/4/07

And So It Goes...Who Said That?

Okay, so I'm still here. Oh wow, there you are too! Obviously the link in my last post was just for shock value and the article it led to totally ridiculous. I know that I'm the only one here and the rest of you are an illusion done with mirrors. The only thing I can't figure out is how the interaction stuff is done...

Earlier today I decided to take a nice Labor Day nap so I grabbed my butterfly book and off to the couch we went. You know the entomologists that name butterflies have minds like mine. Well, their creative aspect anyway...Listen to these: The Striped Policeman, The Gaudy Commodore, The Swarthy Skipper, The Common Jezebel, The Himalayan Jester, The Hermit, Wizard, Wanderer, and Dogface, The Hoary Comma, and The Big Greasy Butterfly. The "Far Side" cartoonist Gary Larson even has one named after him.

The naturalist Sharman Apt Russell wrote of the genus Heliconius' exceptional memory. According to him, "They remember favorite flowers and roosting sites, and remember to hold a grudge, avoiding spots where some scientist captured them days earlier." That's as far as I got before my nap monkey got me.

Now that I've managed to wrestle my monkey into submission, I realize that traditionally, with this Labor Day's passing, the summer of 2007 fades away too. Ahh, I'll remember it well... I'm sure a lot of you will be relieved to see me make mention of an actual time continuum. I bet I'll even be here tomorrow. I hope you will be as well. Enjoy life...