9/2/07

Delusional Bullshit And Your Enabling Psychotherapist

A local independant news, arts, and events publication runs a quirky, freewill horoscope column that I usually read. The paper comes out on Wednesday, and I'm just now getting around to reading it. That's okay though because hindsight is of course 20/20 and I usually prefer viewing things that way. Besides, foresight has never been my particular forte. I thought I'd share this week's forcast.

Aries...
"Here's how you can tell if you have a bad psychotherapist or counselor," says my friend Laura. "She or he buys into all your bullshit, never questions your delusions, and builds your self-esteem even if that makes you into an asshole." I agree with Laura's assessment, which is why I'm going to spend our short time together today calling you on your bullshit, prodding you to get introspective about your delusions, and not pumping up the parts of your ego that really should be melted down. Next week maybe we'll get back to gazing adoringly into each other's eyes, but right now you'll benefit from some tough love.

Delusions? Moi? Okay, maybe I do have just a few. In my own defense though, all I want is to be happy. If a few delusions help me do that, I ask you, what's wrong with that? So what if some of my delusions are a bit irrational and cause me to act totally weird sometimes? I'm not hurting anybody. Well, now that I think about it, I may tax a few people's tiny minds when they try to figure out where I'm coming from. Sounds like bullshit, huh? Just a puff of inflation in the old ego too. Maybe there's really something to these horoscopes. Go figure. I think I will. Okay let's go. Enjoy life...