9/8/07

Babbling As I Wake Up

My usual method of waking up in the mornings consists of caffeine, nicotine, emails, and stumbling around the internet. Probably not too healthy, but hey, it works for me. This morning I ran across a bit of trivia. "Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin." Since dust is the bane of my existence I was slightly alarmed and just a bit sickened by this. Now I don't want to go to bed tonight, or tomorrow morning, or if ever again.

My thoughts wander back to drum circle last night. There was such a positive energy in the air. After my friend Poofy tricked me into getting out into the sweaty throng of people dancing, (I really hesitate to call it dancing...it's so much more...it sounds trite, but it really is becoming one with the changing beat of the drummers...the beat takes on certain elemental qualities...)

Okay, I'm sorry, I got a little carried away there. Back to what I was saying, after dancing, I decided to rest on one of the low brick walls that surround the perimeter of the park.

I was sitting there, still very focused and into the drums, and absently watching a small group of children playing around a tree near me. One little girl kept catching my eye. She had on the sweetest little fairylike dress and she was dancing and twirling around like a tiny ballerina. I could imagine her pretending to be one, or a woodsprite, or a fairy, or a muse. God, there I go again. I can get so lost in these thoughts sometimes.

My attention had gone back to the dancers and I hadn't noticed that the little girl had jumped up on the wall and was flittering along the length of it. When she got to me, an obvious obstruction in her path, she patted me gently on the head; A transference of gentleness and innocence occured. I looked up.

"Excuse me..." she said.
Without hesitation I replied, "Certainly..." and hopped of the wall.
She danced along her merry way.
Within a minute I saw her dancing back.
She looked at me... I looked at her...
I hopped of the wall again with a grin.

Enjoy life...