7/7/07

I Confess...

(*** Shortly after the one year anniversary of this blog I decided to go back through some of my journal posts. I feel it is necessary to tell you that over the course of the year I made the decision to leave the Russian Orthodox Church. In fact, I made the decision to break from all organized religion. I came to the personal conclusion that, even though I believe in God, all religion is man-made myth. ***)

I have to go to confession today so I won't burst into flames when I take communion tomorrow. Thank God my priest is very loving and understanding. I kind of get a little worked up before I go sometimes I can imagine Father saying loudly, "You did What?", and the whole parish looking at me with horror. It's great though, most of the time. Like taking a good, long shower, I come away feeling lighter, refreshed, clean, promising myself I'm gonna stay that way this time and not get dirty. I've always loved the dirt though... I'm such a mish-mash of contradiction. I'll be studying the saints and then a few hours later I'll be doing something really evil. I'll say my morning prayers then go read my astrology or do an online tarot reading or maybe even play with my crystals and think about my chakras. I'll study the Gospel then later find myself reading about the Gay Pride Parades. I'm still upset with the Russians at the moment with the way they treated there Gay People back in May and Putin's behavior and all. I'm such a bad, disobedient Russian Orthodox Christian. Ahhh...smell the guilt!! Well, enough about all that. I finally went to bed this morning and had a really intense dream. I don't really remember the details but as I was waking up I remember somebody telling me, " It begins with a nine and ends with a one...", and it seemed really really important. Being my almost OCD self, I repeated it in my head over and over for probably an hour after I got up. I thought about buying a lottery ticket but I've never done that before and really don't know how. If it means anything to anybody, let me know. I'm gonna wrap it up for now, Liturgy in the morning and all. Here's one last thing courtesy of:

Free Tarot Reading

By the way, you can get a really good tarot reading for free there. For me, they've been amazingly accurate. It's uncanny. Could the unseen powers have access to programming code??? Anyway, here it is:

TEMPERANCE

As water inexorably flows down the mountains, into the streams and rivers, and then out to the seas and oceans, this ever-flowing element of nature is often associated with peace and tranquility.

Temperance is the peace and tranquility we feel when our life is flowing calmly and happily in the right direction. However, it can also be a time where we need to balance logic and reason against strife and struggle in order to salvage some harmony in troubled times.

It is your ability to weigh right from wrong, to balance good against bad and to manage the volatile factors in your life that determines how easily you can feel a sense of balance and harmony in your life when the going is tough.

Temperance is about moderation, going with the flow and looking for solutions that will put an end to conflicts and troubles, like pouring water over a fire to put it out. The gentle flow of water can corrode giant rocks in its path. Likewise patience and gentle persistence can help us all to work through or around obstacles and challenges in our path.

Spirituality may provide comfort at a particularly difficult time. You can be sure that someone out there is looking after you.

Enjoy Life!