7/27/07

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Since my last post I've come to a major decision. I am definitely leaving the Church. I just can't possibly live with myself if I continue to be affiliated with a religion that supports discrimination and hate. Both ultimately lead to violence, whether overt or concealed. I had thought that my "don't ask, don't tell" attitude was fine, and it was until now. It's possible that what's been going on has always been there and I haven't been aware of it, or chose not to see it. My eyes are open now and I don't like what I see. I'm tired of the argument, the theological debates, I'm sick of it all. I've finally made a decision, now I just have to work up the nerve to tell everyone. I don't think I can tell my family though, not yet. God, a closet within my closet.

I went back to my research into the other faiths that I've always been drawn to; Paganism, Hinduism, and Buddhism. I lit candles and placed flowers in front of my statue of Shiva. I went and bought a handheld Buddist prayer wheel and spun it chanting, "om made padme um" for awhile. Then I dug out my old deck of Tarot cards, but I only looked at them. I was afraid of what they might tell me.

Then somehow I found myself reading about Carl Jung and his ideas about synchronicity. hummm...

I started thinking about how, while surfing on the internet, I'll start reading about one thing, which leads to another thing, which leads to yet another thing, until I've gotten so deep I don't remember where I started.

Then I found the idea of the collective unconscious. Could my objective psyche, which has a better knowledge of my own ideals than either my ego or conscious self does, be directing me toward my own individuation or self-actualization? Hummm (with a capital H and a nod to wikipedia)

I'm afraid this requires some meditative contemplation. I promise to come to some sort of agreement within myself and start writing something worth reading. Otherwise I'll go buy a journal. Now, where's my "Celtic Winds" CD? Enjoy life...