7/3/07

In The Arena

(*** Shortly after the one year anniversary of this blog I decided to go back through some of my journal posts. I feel it is necessary to tell you that over the course of the year I made the decision to leave the Russian Orthodox Church. In fact, I made the decision to break from all organized religion. I came to the personal conclusion that, even though I believe in God, all religion is man-made myth. ***)

I've been trying to decide what type of topics I want to post in this blog. This is like gaining a totally new voice with extraordinary potential to reach other people. It has the ability to affect, influence, or inspire anyone who reads it. I've decided I want to concentrate on Gay/Christian conflicts, mental health issues, morality, environmental issues, and I'll throw in some fun stuff too. I want to keep it as positive as I can. Issues, by nature, are sometimes unsettling, and stir us up a bit, I guess that's why they call them issues.

I secretly hope that someone reads it who needs some encouragement, who is struggling with things similar to what I have been through. I hope that they may find something in my posts that help. Before I begin though, I feel like it's important to help you get to know me. To establish a base from which we can launch into unknown possibilities.

First thing, is to tell you my Christian name. I'm a Russian Orthodox Christian; though, unlike many, I'm very tolerant of other people's beliefs, and I have struggles with my own faith. You'll no doubt see in further posts. My name is Euphrosynus, given to me at Baptism, it's the name of my Patron Saint. If you're really interested in reading more about him, it's really a nice story, think of it as being like an Aesop's Fable if you will. He was of coarse country upbringing, the cook of a monastery, and he endured scorn and mocking. Follow the links below to find his story and the stories of some other saints that are dear to my heart.

As I'm sitting here typing this, my cheap tabletop fan has been distracting me. It squeaks and sounds suprisingly like a cricket. It's kind of nice. There's a cool mountain breeze blowing through my windows. That's nice too. Enjoy Life...